Search This Blog

Monday 16 February 2009

No 34 RFC WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

I really didn’t know how to start this Newsletter this week. Should I start with the first team win over Chichester? Should I start with the reserve win over Hassocks? Or perhaps should I start with games coming up this week? Or even a mention of the “Football Only” meeting me and Steve held at the club on Friday night?

Or perhaps I’ll start with the 10 points now showing deducted on the SCL website. Yeah lets start there. I’m disgusted with this and I’m disgusted with the people responsible. If I didn’t care about Ringmer or our players, have no doubt that I would give you factual details regarding those I know to be directly responsible. But I’m gonna wait till we get through this and then we’ll have it straight.

The only people now to get us through this mess they’ve created is the players. When they’ve made it you can thank them and not the people who wander about like they own the place and who’ve been responsible for trying to kill Ringmer Football Club. I’m so angry about this and to be honest I feel completely betrayed. I’m not in the mood to accept the crap being banded about at the moment so if you’re responsible, stay away from me. We all know who has done this to our club and to be clear its certainly NOT the hard working people at the club almost every day trying to make this work.

Ok, so what do we do about it in this season? Well, we win games. We approach games with a must win mentality. We see it that if we were to have won our game in hand then we’d be in third place. Instead, and I cant believe I’m writing this, we have to get 13 points from 17 games. We are in 13th place instead of 6th. Remember, we are 13th because of this crap they’ve created and not because of form. We are playing every game now as “must win”. And win we did yesterday against Chichester who beat us 2-0 a few weeks ago - and we won convincingly 5-1. They couldn’t live with us and we played some great stuff. 3 points closer to safety. So we look at Shoreham away next week and see them as a side we must beat to gain our next 3 points.

Our reserves also play Shoreham next week - obviously at home. But first we need to dissect the performance that produced a 1-2 win for them in what - in league terms particularly - was a spectacular result. We evidently took the lead early in the second half only for the home side to equalize late on. A last minute interchange produced the winner and I have to say well done to all involved in playing their part in making it a successful footballing Saturday.

On Sunday we saw Herve King’s memorial game take place at Ringmer. I was a spectator at this game and its not my place to put something on the website from the club thanking all who attended but I’d like to think someone will. It was well attended and it seemed strange to me seeing those players together once again - probably for the last time I guess. A good game played in the right spirit with great attitude from everyone and a fitting tribute to a man who lost his life so suddenly and so tragically a year ago.

Training is on Tuesday at Falmer and on Thursday at the Club. 8-9pm on Tuesday night then 7-9pm on Thursday. As always the Thursday session could be weather challenged but texts will be sent if in doubt.

What a strange up and down week. If this football club had just people wanting great football what a fantastic place this would be.

No comments: