Search This Blog

Monday 12 January 2009

No 29 RFC WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

The cold, together with the “recession” and a bleak outlook at the weeks ahead it makes you feel a bit pessimistic with regard to the future of County football in general. At Ringmer, I note we have a floodlight inspection on Wednesday night - I can only assume this happens periodically - and it ponders the question - what happens if we fail it? We have falling attendances, the club is in the stranglehold of Administration and we await news of our fate with regard to a possible points
penalty which could lead to possible relegation. The Administrator e-mailed me this week to make several points - one being that it is only his office that can resolve this administration issue - a view I have to accept - but surely its the members that should have the final say? Earlier in the week the ex-chairman e-mailed me to express his “disappointment” at my comments in the previous Newsletter and to him and to the Administrator I would say the same thing. Let the members decide the fate of Ringmer Football Club. Lets not see the club as an old girlfriend that’s been cast away only to decide that we don’t want anyone else to have her.

Lets all share the members names and addresses. Lets be open and hold a meeting and let the members decide the fate of the pitch and ultimately the club itself. If they want the directors’ to have control then so be it. If they want the Trustees to keep control then so be that too. Surely then that would be an end to it all?

This is a members club. You and me and all that are members should decide what happens here surely? It should be the members who say what happens next. You people that have sweated blood and tears dragging down buildings from Croydon, the people who had their dads, uncles, brothers and sons playing for Ringmer who are no longer with us, and you people who have worked tirelessly to keep the club afloat through all these years.

For the record, I will put in attachments from any writer with regards to any matter which will be there for all to see. If it moves us closer to resolving this depressing situation its gotta be worth it I guess. I aint putting in any political crap so make it honest and straight.

Frustration in not playing games can lead to being impetuous when trying to get games on and we are trying to focus when our next game will actually be. No doubt in the blazing sunshine to come in July and August, we will look back on minus 9 temperatures and laugh. Was it really that cold? I visited the ground on Friday afternoon, 24 hours before kick off time and it was minus 2. On Friday night I had the misfortune to have to go out again and the temperature thing in the car read minus 9. Would the game go ahead I wondered for about a millisecond. All games in the County (I hear) were off. So we hastily arranged a 5 a side indoor session for 17 of the squad and we had a 2 hour workout - which is probably more than most teams in the County had.

We’ve arranged a Reserve friendly game on Thursday evening at Ringmer, 7.15 ko. Its against a Bridge View side we played pre-season so we pretty much know what to expect. Thanks to Danny for sorting this out with me. On Tuesday evening the front side play Hassocks away 7.45 ko and on Friday night we have a first team game thrust upon us. We play Littlehampton in the Brighton Charity Cup and although I don’t want to play it (we have no keeper and Steve cant make it) I’m not given a choice. According to David Ruffles we have to do what we’re told evidently. A line of thinking I’m not used to. For the record I want it postponed.

Hope to see some of you at Hassocks if its on in

No comments: